NOTE: CLASS IS NOW FILLED! No more registrations will be accepted.
If you don’t already own a slow cooker, you’ll want to purchase one after this class! You’ll especially like it for making hearty soups during the upcoming colder days.
Slow cooker soups offer several advantages:
• main dish soup meals can easily be made in advance
• soups can safely cook away while you’re gone from the house
• once soups are assembled, you have only one cooking process to think about
• they work great for meals when the exact time of eating is unknown
• flavors blend wonderfully as the ingredients simmer together throughout the day
• clean-up at mealtime is simpler
• less expensive and often less tender meats become deliciously tender during the cooking process
• they are an energy efficient method of cooking
• a wonderful aroma fills your house
Alice Henneman, registered dietitian and UNL Extension Educator, will share tips, recipes and an extensive handout for making quick, delicious, and nutritious slow cooker soups.