If you want to plant just a couple nut trees or an orchard, you will find this seminar informative.
Everyone has different expectations and goals when planting nut tree seedlings. This seminar will introduce you to most aspects of what it takes to accomplish your goals and expectations. There will be professional growers on hand to answer your questions.
• Planning phase will cover setting realistic goals, understanding an orchard environment, and the tasks to meet your goals so you will be successful.
• Planting phase will cover planting consideration and seedling selections.
• Caring phase will cover tasks required to bring a seedling to a productive, producing nut tree.
• Harvesting tasks will cover harvesting techniques, processing, and marketing your nuts.
• A seedling cost-share program will also be introduced.
You may register at http://marketplace.unl.edu/extension (there is a nominal $1 registration fee) or by calling 402-788-2717. No cost at the door.