The 2014 Beef Feedlot School will cover the following topics:
Feedlot Audits - Rob Eirich UNL Extension Educator & BQA Director
Dealing with Foot Problems in Feedlots - Dr. Richard Randle
Rumen Anatomy & Phisiology - Feedlot Nutrition - Dr. Matt Luebbe
An optional Beef Quality Assurance Training will also be offered as part of the program.
Pre-register by Friday August 8 for the Feedlot School. ($10/person pre-register fee or $20/person at the door.)
The High Plains Nutrition and Management Roundtable Focus on Increasing Cow Herd Size and Beef Production will be held Thursday, August 28. Topics will include:
• Overview of Corn Residue use for Beef Cattle
• UNL Confined Cow Research
• “Creating Valuable Calves the Feedlots Want”
• “Beef Production without a Cow Herd”
• “Genetic Game Plan for Cow-Calf Producers”
The program is is presented by UNL, CSU and UW along with the Tri-State American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists. For more information and a registration form please visit
www.nutritionroundtable.org. Pre-registation deadline is August 15.
The 2014 State of Beef Conference will focus on Rebuilding the Cowherd. Topic areas for the conference will include:
• Economic Considerations
• Restructuring Breeding Systems
• Expanding Production with Limited Resources
• The Beef Industry of the Future
• Bull Pen Sessions
A trade show will be held in conjunction with the conference.
Registration and vendor forms are available at